Saturday, January 16

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AALIYAH!!


January 16,1979 - August 25, 2001
Damn I remember when she dropped her 1st album, my older brother introduced me to her music & I quickly became a fan. When she dropped "One In A Million" she put out a classic, Timbaland produced the album & Aaliyah was in control of her career. 2 Grammy award winning singles "Are You That Somebody" (Dr. Do Little Soundtrack) & "Try Again" (Romeo Must Die Soundtrack). She dropped an mature self titled album "Aaliyah", a great follow up to "One In A Million". It kills me cause I saw the last time she was on 106 & Park, she indeed said she was gonna catch a flight 2 The Bahamas right after the show & she never came back. Aaliyah & 8 others were killed in an plane crash after filming her "Rock The Boat" video. She was only 22 years old. If she was alive today she would be 31 years old, she's truly missed but never forgotten. Here's a video she film before her death "More Than A Woman". Losing Aaliyah in the Hip Hop community was like losing Princess Dianna to the world.

Enjoy the video...

No comments: